Python API Development Fundamentals
- Paperback: 372 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (November 22, 2019)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1838983996
- ISBN-13: 978-1838983994
Python API Development Fundamentals: Learn all that’s needed to build a fully functional web application from scratch
Python is a flexible language that can be used for much more than just script development. By knowing the Python RESTful APIs work, you can build a powerful backend for web applications and mobile applications using Python.
You’ll take your first steps by building a simple API and learning how the frontend web interface can communicate with the backend. You’ll also learn how to serialize and deserialize objects using the marshmallow library. Then, you’ll learn how to authenticate and authorize users using Flask-JWT. You’ll also learn how to enhance your APIs by adding useful features, such as email, image upload, searching, and pagination. You’ll wrap up the whole book by deploying your APIs to the cloud.
- Understand the concept of a RESTful API
- Build a RESTful API using Flask and the Flask-Restful extension
- Manipulate a database using Flask-SQLAlchemy and Flask-Migrate
- Send out plaintext and HTML format emails using the Mailgun API
- Implement a pagination function using Flask-SQLAlchemy
- Use caching to improve API performance and efficiently obtain the latest information
- Deploy an application to Heroku and test it using Postman
By the end of this Python API Development Fundamentals book, you’ll have the confidence and skill to leverage the power of RESTful APIs and Python to build efficient web applications.