Solidity Programming Essentials, Second Edition
- Paperback: 412 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook; 2nd edition (June 10, 2022)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1803231181
- ISBN-13: 978-1803231181
Solidity Programming Essentials, 2nd Edition: A comprehensive guide sprinkled with lots of hands-on code samples to get you up and running with Solidity and writing your smart contracts on Blockchain and Ethereum
The book starts with step-by-step instructions for the installation of multiple tools and private blockchain, along with foundational concepts such as variables, data types, and programming constructs. You’ll then explore contracts based on an object-oriented paradigm, including the usage of constructors, interfaces, libraries, and abstract contracts. The following chapters help you get to grips with testing and debugging smart contracts. As you advance, you’ll learn about advanced concepts like assembly programming, advanced interfaces, usage of recovery, and error handling using try-catch blocks. You’ll also explore multiple design patterns for smart contracts alongside developing secure smart contracts, as well as gain a solid understanding of writing upgradable smart concepts and data modeling. Finally, you’ll discover how to create your own ERC20 and NFT tokens from scratch.
- Write efficient, effective, and secure smart contracts
- Code, compile, and test smart contracts in an object-oriented way
- Implement assembly code in Solidity
- Adopt upgradable and haltable ownership and security design patterns
- Understand exception handling and debugging in Solidity
- Create new ERC20 and NFT tokens from the ground up
By the end of this Solidity Programming Essentials, 2nd Edition book, you will be able to write, deploy, and test smart contracts in Ethereum.