The Definitive Guide to Modernizing Applications on Google Cloud
- Paperback: 488 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (January 6, 2022)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1800209797
- ISBN-13: 978-1800209794
The Definitive Guide to Modernizing Applications on Google Cloud: Get to grips with the tools, services, and functions needed for application migration to help you move from legacy applications to cloud-native on Google Cloud
Legacy applications, which comprise 75–80% of all enterprise applications, often end up being stuck in data centers. Modernizing these applications to make them cloud-native enables them to scale in a cloud environment without taking months or years to start seeing the benefits. The Definitive Guide to Modernizing Applications on Google Cloud book will help software developers and solutions architects to modernize their applications on Google Cloud and transform them into cloud-native applications.
This book helps you to build on your existing knowledge of enterprise application development and takes you on a journey through the six Rs: rehosting, replatforming, rearchitecting, repurchasing, retiring, and retaining. You’ll learn how to modernize a legacy enterprise application on Google Cloud and build on existing assets and skills effectively. Taking an iterative and incremental approach to modernization, the book introduces the main services in Google Cloud in an easy-to-understand way that can be applied immediately to an application.
- Discover the principles and best practices for building cloud-native applications
- Study the six Rs of migration strategy and learn when to choose which strategy
- Rehost a legacy enterprise application on Google Compute Engine
- Replatform an application to use Google Load Balancer and Google Cloud SQL
- Refactor into a single-page application (SPA) supported by REST services
- Replatform an application to use Google Identity Platform and Firebase Authentication
- Refactor to microservices using the strangler pattern
- Automate the deployment process using a CI/CD pipeline with Google Cloud Build
By the end of The Definitive Guide to Modernizing Applications on Google Cloud book, you’ll have learned how to modernize a legacy enterprise application by exploring various interim architectures and tooling to develop a cloud-native microservices-based application.
[ Exclusive Offer! Order Portable Sealed Ice Cube Case Now. Get Lowest Price & 60 Day Return Policy. Huge Discounts Available! Bravo Goods Special Offer Expires Soon. ]