The Enterprise Data Catalog
- Paperback: 216 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (March 21, 2023)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 149209871X
- ISBN-13: 978-1492098713
The Enterprise Data Catalog: Improve Data Discovery, Ensure Data Governance, and Enable Innovation
Combing the web is simple, but how do you search for data at work? It’s difficult and time-consuming, and can sometimes seem impossible. This book introduces a practical solution: the data catalog. Data analysts, data scientists, and data engineers will learn how to create true data discovery in their organizations, making the catalog a key enabler for data-driven innovation and data governance.
This The Enterprise Data Catalog book helps you:
- Learn what a data catalog is and how it can help your organization
- Organize data and its sources into domains and describe them with metadata
- Search data using very simple-to-complex search techniques and learn to browse in domains, data lineage, and graphs
- Manage the data in your company via a data catalog
- Implement a data catalog in a way that exactly matches the strategic priorities of your organization
- Understand what the future has in store for data catalogs
Author Ole Olesen-Bagneux explains the benefits of implementing a data catalog. You’ll learn how to organize data for your catalog, search for what you need, and manage data within the catalog. Written from a data management perspective and from a library and information science perspective.