The Kubernetes Workshop
- Paperback: 780 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (September 24, 2020)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1838820752
- ISBN-13: 978-1838820756
The Kubernetes Workshop: From building your own cluster to running cloud-native applications with Kubernetes, this workshop covers it all using engaging examples and activities
Thanks to its extensive support for managing hundreds of containers that run cloud-native applications, Kubernetes is the most popular open source container orchestration platform that makes cluster management easy. This workshop adopts a practical approach to get you acquainted with the Kubernetes environment and its applications.
Starting with an introduction to the fundamentals of Kubernetes, you’ll install and set up your Kubernetes environment. You’ll understand how to write YAML files and deploy your first simple web application container using Pod. You’ll then assign human-friendly names to Pods, explore various Kubernetes entities and functions, and discover when to use them. As you work through the chapters, this Kubernetes book will show you how you can make full-scale use of Kubernetes by applying a variety of techniques for designing components and deploying clusters. You’ll also get to grips with security policies for limiting access to certain functions inside the cluster. Toward the end of the book, you’ll get a rundown of Kubernetes advanced features for building your own controller and upgrading to a Kubernetes cluster without downtime.
- Get to grips with the fundamentals of Kubernetes and its terminology
- Share or store data in different containers running in the same pod
- Create a container image from an image definition manifest
- Construct a Kubernetes-aware continuous integration (CI) pipeline for deployments
- Attract traffic to your app using Kubernetes ingress
- Build and deploy your own admission controller
By the end of The Kubernetes Workshop, you’ll be able to manage containers and run cloud-based applications efficiently using Kubernetes.