Unity 3 Game Development Hotshot
- Paperback: 380 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (August 26, 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1849691126
- ISBN-13: 978-1849691123
Eight projects specifically designed to exploit Unity’s full potential
- Cool, fun, advanced aspects of Unity Game Development, from creating a rocket launcher to building your own destructible game world
- Master advanced Unity techniques such as surface shader programming and AI programming
- Full of coding samples, diagrams, tips and tricks to keep your code organized, and completed art assets with clear step-by-step examples and instructions
- Elite Unity programming for those looking to take their skills to the next level
Unity 3d is the game engine of choice for creating professional looking games at no cost. Its combination of powerful tools and outstanding community support make it the natural choice for experienced and aspiring game developers.
Unity3D Game Development Hotshot will show you how to exploit the full array of Unity3Dtechnology in order to create an advanced gaming experience for the user. It has eight exciting and challenging projects with step- by-step explanations, diagrams, screenshots, and downloadable materials.
Every project is designed to push your Unity skills to the very limits and beyond. You will create a hero/heroine for a role playing game. Create a menu for the RPG game allowing you to customize your character with powerups, armor, and weapons. You will shade, model, rig, and animate your hero/heroine. The end result will be a character on the level of Final Fantasy, far superior to a simple sprite.
Now for some damage – rocket launchers! Typically the most powerful weapons in any first person shooter, you will create a rocket launcher that has fire and smoke particles and most importantly causes splash damage for that all important area effect. Create AI controlled enemies for your hero/heroine to eliminate with the rocket launcher. Forge a destructible interactive world so if the rocket launchers miss their target they will at least cause significant damage to the surrounding environment. Learn to save and load your game so you can take a break from the action for life’s necessities like going to the bathroom. Incorporate social gaming by uploading scores online so everyone can see the carnage.
What you will learn from this book :
- Create a polished menu for a role playing game with an intuitive user interface that will allow you to add powerups, weapons, and armor.
- Build a platform game and sprite. Add physics such as jumping and gravity. Throw in some 3d objects.
- Create a hero or heroine using models, shading, rigging, and animation. Bring it to life so it can walk, run, and jump.
- Create a rocket launcher, with fire and smoke particles.
- Build enemies with smart artificial intelligence for a first person shooter.
- Create an interactive world with destructible environments.
- Load and save your game. Post high scores online so the world can see who plays like a noob and who plays like a veteran.
Using a project based approach you will learn the coolest aspects of Unity3D game development. Each project contains step- by-step explanations, diagrams, screenshots, and downloadable materials.
Who this book is written for
This book is for users who already have some basic knowledge of how to use the Unity3D game engine and intermediate users who want to explore Unity 3D above and beyond the basic techniques.
[download id=”320″ format=”1″]