Windows Phone 7 Silverlight Cookbook
- Paperback: 304 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (August 20, 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1849691169
- ISBN-13: 978-1849691161
All the recipes you need to start creating apps and making money with this Microsoft Windows Phone 7 Silverlight book and eBook
- Build sophisticated Windows Phone apps with clean, optimized code.
- Perform easy to follow recipes to create practical apps.
- Master the entire workflow from designing your app to publishing it.
Silverlight has revolutionized development using Microsoft technologies. It is an excellent tool for mobile application development. The XAML-based markup and familiar C# code are the perfect combination for building apps efficiently and with minimum hassle.
Packed full of recipes containing comprehensive instructions for the tasks required to build modern compelling smartphone apps using Silverlight.
Starting with application design and architecture, you will quickly move on to more technical features and APIs you can implement to make your app stand out. You will use the Camera API to scan barcode, location services to pinpoint the user’s GPS coordinates and accelerometer to provide feedback based on movement of the phone. All of these features can be provided in a slick user interface through the power of Silverlight. Animations, behaviors and XAML provide all you need and more.
What you will learn from this book :
- Use XAML and Blend along with animations to bring your user interfaces to life.
- Utilize web services for all your data needs.
- Learn how the process of sending Push notifications to users saves time and battery
- Take the power of touch to a whole new level by creating unique touch gestures for your app.
- Generate revenue and share your app with the world through the Windows Phone marketplace.
The book is written in a cookbook style, presenting examples in the style of recipes, allowing you to go directly to your topic of interest, or follow topics throughout a chapter to gain in-depth knowledge.
Who this book is written for
All levels of developers and designers will be able to utilize this book. The language and examples are written for beginners but there are plenty of deeper concepts to explore and code to master.
[download id=”306″ format=”1″]