Windows Server Automation with PowerShell Cookbook, Fifth Edition
- Paperback: 714 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook; 5th edition (January 31, 2023)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1804614238
- ISBN-13: 978-1804614235
Windows Server Automation with PowerShell Cookbook, 5th Edition: Use over 100 PowerShell 7.2 recipes to deepen your understanding of Windows Server 2022 and see how to automate common administrative tasks with ease
The Windows Server Automation with PowerShell Cookbook is back with a new edition, featuring over 100 PowerShell recipes that will make your day-to-day work easier. This book is designed to help you learn how to install, configure and use PowerShell 7.2 effectively. This new Windows Server Automation with PowerShell Cookbook, Fifth Edition is updated to the latest version of PowerShell 7.2 and Windows Server 2022.
To start with, we’ll look at how to install and configure PowerShell 7.2, along with useful new features and optimizations, and show you how the PowerShell compatibility solution bridges the gap to older versions of PowerShell. We’ll also be covering a wide range of fundamental and more advanced use cases, including how to create a VM and set up an Azure VPN, as well as looking at how to back up to Azure. As you progress, you’ll explore topics such as using PowerShell to manage networking and DHCP in Windows Server, objects in Active Directory, Hyper-V, and Azure. We’ll also take a closer look at WSUS, containers and see how to handle modules that are not directly compatible with PowerShell 7. Finally, you’ll also learn how to use some powerful tools to diagnose and resolve issues with Windows Server.
- Perform key admin tasks on Windows Server
- Keep your organization secure with JEA, group policies, logs, and Windows Defender
- Use .NET Framework for administrative scripting
- Manage data and storage on Windows, including disks, volumes, and filesystems
- Report system performance using built-in cmdlets and WMI to obtain single measurements
- Apply the right tools and modules to troubleshoot and debug Windows Server
- Create, manage, and back up a second VM using the subnetwork in Azure
- Learn how to set up a VPN in Azure with PowerShell
By the end of this Windows Server Automation with PowerShell Cookbook, 5th Edition book, you’ll know how to use PowerShell 7.2 to automate tasks on Windows Server 2022 with ease, helping your Windows environment to run faster and smoother.